Marketing podcast with Ryan Englin
On this episode of the Channel Strip Marketing Podcast, I interview Ryan Englin. Ryan is CEO of Core Fit Hiring that helps blue-collar businesses fill the front lines with quality technicians and craftsmen.
Finding the right talent is not an easy task to overcome. In fact, many people waste time hiring the wrong people or have a hard time retaining the people they worked hard to attract.
In this episode, I spoke with Core Fit Hiring founder Ryan Englin about why it’s so difficult to attract people to the right talent today and what you need to do to attract quality frontline workers who align with your company’s values — and how to get them to survive.
Questions I Ask Ryan Englin:
- [0:48] In the society of skilled workers and technicians it has been difficult to fill jobs – can you give me your opinion on that?
- [2:36] Will the merchandising industry itself have to make some fundamental changes or use better marketing to get people back into the industry?
- [4:28] The best salespeople for getting more people into your organization are happy employees who are pumped about what they do, but how do you bring that into a culture that doesn’t exist?
- [5:39] People connect with stories much better than they relate to features – how can you extract stories in industries some of these industries to effectively help them attract employees?
- [7:12] If people are coming to you right now and saying how do we attract and keep people, what are some tips you would give to people in this particular environment? People?
- [8:33] If something in your company, culture, or team isn’t attractive, how can you fix that?
- [9:17] If I’m listening to this show and I’m particularly trying to hire, or at least get my name in front of potential candidates, do you find a channel that seems to be the most effective at getting people’s radars?
- [11:00] Do employers need to start lowering their expectations for skill and experience?
- [12:42] Are you going to college positions or career schools and trying to get involved in that early stage?
- [14:09] What role do unions play in this industry today?
- [15:51] With supply and demand being what it is, is there a pressure on wages right now that will really create some cost issues for contractors?
- [17:14] How big is the problem of overfishing?
- [19:09] If people are interested in this topic and they hire skilled workers, where can they find out more about some of your work?
More on Ryan Englin:
More about the Certified Marketing Manager Program powered by Duct Tape Marketing
Like this show? Click and give us a review on iTunes, please!
HubSpot Podcast Network brings you this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast.
HubSpot Podcast Network It is the audio destination for business professionals seeking the best education and inspiration on how to grow a business.
7 steps to expanding your consulting practice without adding overhead
My network of channel strip marketing consultants has helped me grow my business more than once 40% in the last 12 months. ~ Michael Quinn – Michael Quinn Agency, Fargo, ND